Be Strong, Surrender and Rest!




 

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am lowly and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:28-30 (CSB)
When faced with problems, our instinct often drives us to take control and tightly manage every aspect, believing that doing so will help resolve the issue. However, this approach can lead to increased anxiety and foster an environment where fear grows. Clinging tightly to control, can worsen the situation, making it more exhausting and complex, ultimately causing us to stall rather than progress.

It's important to recognize that our efforts to control everything might be counterproductive. Instead, relinquishing our grip and placing our trust in God's plan can bring peace and clarity. By surrendering control and leaning into our faith, we allow space for God to work in our lives and address our problems in ways we might not be able to see or understand. This act of surrendering requires courage and faith, as it involves acknowledging our own limitations and putting our trust in God's infinite wisdom and strength.

In this process, it's also beneficial to focus on what we can realistically manage and to seek God's guidance through prayer, scripture, and reflection. By doing so, we can find the balance between taking responsible actions and allowing God to direct our paths and not allowing “negative emotions” to control our lives.

God tells us in Joshua 1:9 (CSB), "Haven’t I commanded you; be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  This verse reminds us that God will provide strength and courage when we need it. God is our true source of strength. It's the power of God that gets us through those difficult times and struggles.

Thus, cultivating an attitude of surrender, trust, and faith in God helps us navigate problems more effectively, reducing fear and making room for His transformative work in our lives.


The word of God encourages us to have a spirit of trust, courage, patience, and faith towards our problems, supported by prayer and wisdom. He wants us to choose surrender over having control. A huge part of that brave choice is having faith in him and not succumbing (giving in) to fear.

The bible also tells us to: 
Be strong and courageous; don't be terrified or afraid of them. For it is the Lord your God who goes with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6 (CSB)
It's natural to experience fears and anxieties, but it’s important to bring those feelings to God. God invites us to cast our burdens upon Him. In doing so, we are not only acknowledging but also embracing the trust we place in His plans and His ability to carry those burdens for us.

Resting in God’s sovereignty allows us to find peace and direction. It opens us up to the fullness of His plans and purposes for our lives, free from the hindrances of fear and doubt. As we consistently surrender and lean on Him, we are better positioned to move forward in the purpose God has designed for us without unnecessary delays.
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10 (CSB)
Isaiah reminds us that God is right there with you when you need him

Question - Do you trust God in every aspect of your life to surrender even those difficult parts to him?

For me, practicing letting go of the need for absolute control over my situation has been life changing.  I learned to do the following:

#1 - Removed myself and let go

#2 - Took the problem to God in prayer

#3 - Moved out of God’s way.

#4 - Rested in the Lord’s sovereignty (God’s supreme power)

For too long, I allowed my fears to paralyze me causing me to be insecure. I know God wants me to have the attitude of bravery towards my problems.

Cynthia Escudero

Comments

  1. This message was so encouraging! Such a timely and clear testimony to how to surrender to God and wall in bravery and full trust in Him despite fear, anxieties, or doubt. I am encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say I am so proud of you for showing all of us what true belief in our God is like. As we all face life's ever challenges knowing that we can stand on the strength of God himself through our anxieties our fears our despairs and even our own insecurities knowing that his strength is ours and this article really simplifies what that means. This article is well written and truly proves that God is alive and well and his love is being exalted and exemplified in words. Congratulations sister for not being afraid to stand and walk within your faith and in the spirit. Love you and may God continue to use you as a vessel for his image and glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you my love because God is using you to help other people to understand the "only" way to surpass your fears is to seek God. I'm praying that God continues to use you to help others to find peace and rest in him. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Don't Know Their Story. What You Will See is God's Glory.

Love Not Like